Stones and History. Relax and Disconnect in Pyrenees 8 days
Gentle walks through remote and hidden places offer spectacular views to the most emblematic mountains of the Pyrenees. Get back to nature and challenge yourself to go beyond the scope of your dreams.
Trekking here is all about embracing unique moments, incredible landscapes, and fascinating cultures, all of which are set against the backdrop of some of the most amazing places the Pyrenees has to offer. It is a delight for nature lovers and a mecca for photographers. And when it comes time for a rest, you will always find yourself satiated with local Spanish cuisines and wines.
Day 1. Pick-up in Barcelona and shuttle to Acebo de Casa Muria hotel
Pick-up at Barcelona airport at 14:00h. City centre at 14:30h. Shuttle to Acebo de Casa Muria, our first select hotel in the mountains.
A Welcome Reception in the terrace of this charming hotel and informative meeting about the programme. Check material.
- Dinner: Acebo de Casa Muria Hotel
Day 2. Valley of Benasque, Posets Maladeta Natural Park
Forau de Aigualluts. After a delicious breakfast in the Acebo de Casa Muria we will head for the Forau de Aigualluts, one of the most spectacular places in Spain. You will see the famous waterfall at Aigualluts and see Mount Aneto (at 3404 metres is the highest in the Pyrenees). A place to take that perfect photo! If we are lucky will see the laziest animal in the Pyrenees: marmots. 2 hours approximately of gentle activity in a unique environment. 150 metres elevation difference.
In the afternoon, we will visit the town of Benasque, also known as little Switzerland in the Pyrenees. A nice tourist town that has some of its own secrets waiting to be discovered…. Return to hotel at 18:00h approximately to recharge your batteries.
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria
- Lunch: Llanos del Hospital Restaurant. A place full of history.
- Dinner: Acebo de Casa Muria
Day 3 Alquezar. Sierra de Guara Natural Park
After a delicious breakfast we set off for Alquezar, one of the most beautiful villages in Spain. In our activity today we will enter the gorge of the Vero Rio, famous for its footbrigdes and bridges. A spectacular landscape sculpted in the rock, colours explode around us as sunlight shines through. The route ends in the beautiful Colegiate Cathedral of Alquezar, a true treat to the eye.
2 hours approximately of gentle activity in a unique environment. 100 metres elevation difference.
In the afternoon, we will visit the Enate winery to get to know first hand the best wines from the Somontano Region.
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria
- Lunch: Casa Pardina Restaurant. Simply excellent. Its recipes and great quality of products used makes a truely unforgettable meal.
- Dinner: Acebo de Casa Muria
Day 4. Isabena Valley. Romanesque Art in its purest form.
Cultural day out to discovery millenary monuments.After breakfast we set course for the Valley of Isabena. Two authentic jewels await us here. The Roda de Isabena Cathedral and Obarra Monestery. Guided tours are available.In the afternoon, we will visit some charming chapels in Tahull, a UNESCO world heritage site. Romanesque art in its purest form.
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria.
- Lunch: Roda de Isabena Cathedral Restaurant. A pleasure to have a meal set in the 18th century.
- Dinner. Casa Chongastan Restaurant, its gastronomy is recognised nationally and is in first place in Aragonese gastronomy ratings.
Day 5 Ordesa and Mont Perdido National Park
After breakfast and checking-out (we change hotel today) we head towards Mont Perdido and the Ordesa National Park. Majestic mountains, endless forests and beautiful valleys await us to make today a special day, one to remember! We enter along a gentle prairie in Ordesa in search of surprises, geology, fauna and flora alike.
4 hours approximately of gentle activity. 300 metres elevation difference.
In the afternoon, we go to our new accommodation in Casa Barosse. Gustavo and Josse will be waiting for us with their arms wide open to welcome us to this exclusive rural hotel, a little jewel in the Aragonese Pyrenees.
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria
- Packed / Gourmet Picnic lunch
- Dinner: Casa Barosse
Day 6 La Jacetania. Valles Occidentales Natural Park
After a delicious breakfast in Casa Barosse we set course for our goal today. To discover the beautiful western valleys in the Oza Jungle and the amazing Aguas Tuertas Valley, a sensory delight. A gentle activity to some of the most hidden and beautiful areas in the Pyrenees.
Visit Canfranc Train Station / Citadel of Jaca. In the afternoon, we will visit one of Spain’s best conserved fortresses: The Citadel of Jaca, catalogued as part of Spain historical heritage.
Return to hotel Casa Barosse at 18:00h approximately to recharge your batteries.
- Breakfast: Casa Barosse
- Lunch: Borau Restaurant
- Dinner: Casa Barosse
Day 7 Mallos de Riglos Natural Monument
After breakfast we will go to Los Mallos de Riglos, an unmatched place for its rock formations. We end our week with a gentle scenic excursion through these high towers made from rocks, home to many raptors.
In the afternoon, we will visit the San Juan de la Peña Monastery, a true Romanesque jewel in the Pyrenees.
- Breakfast: Casa Barosse
- Lunch: Refugio de Riglos Restaurant. Perfect viewpoint of the Mallos.
- Dinner: Biarritz Jaca Restaurant with the Guides
Day 8 Return shuttle to Barcelona
Breakfast and pick-up.
Return shuttle to Barcelona. 13:30h is the approximate time of arrival.
First stop in Barcelona centre (Diagonal).
Second stop at Barcelona airport.
Enchanting Holiday Accommodation
It is our pleasure to introduce you to the wonderful hosts of two delightfully unique hotels: José Luis and Jennifer of “El Acebo de Casa Muria” and Gustavo and Josse of “Hotel Barosse”. Their warm Spanish hospitality and charming hotels will leave you with an unforgettable night’s stay. From the moment you step inside, every aspect of their accommodations exudes tasteful attention to detail in an atmosphere that is like a home away from home.
Their type of accommodation is referred to as an “author’s hotel” in that it is designed to create a haven of comfort from its exquisite aromas and original décor to its scrumptious breakfasts.
El Acebo de Casa Muria
El Acebo de Casa Muria is made up of 4 houses that are huddled together on a green mountain slope in the shadow of a giant centenary holly tree and a lush forest beyond that.
Within the home, José Luis and Jennifer pay homage to the world’s most iconic mountains and their respective cultures: the Toubkal Room, which is Moroccan inspired; the Posets Room with Pyrenean décor, and; the Fuji Room with a Japanese zen-inspired atmosphere. The rooms are all very pleasant, contemporary-ethnic décor done with meticulous detail and beautiful taste.
Under the benevolent gaze of Peña Oroel in the idyllic village of Barós, a mere 2 kilometres from Jaca, lies Barosse. It is a perfect choice regardless of the time of the year. The pilgrimage route to Santiago winds through these lands along the banks of the Aragón River where unique, Romanesque, historical jewels merge serenely with forests, rivers, and green meadows. Barosse Hotel (formerly called “Barós”) was built from stones rescued from the ruins of an abandoned house in Paternoy. Now, visitors can see this historic structure in the full splendour of a second youth.
A Professional Team with More than 20 Years of Experience
Our trip leaders are hired not only for their knowledge and expertise but also for their passion and friendly, outgoing personalities!
With over 20 years of experience, our trip leaders are all experts in mountaineering, canyoning and climbing, and in coordinating activities to meet the needs of diverse groups in this natural environment. Their passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors is infectious. They speak several languages and are well experienced in organising groups. Their local knowledge of the culture, traditions, and people of the valleys all ensure that your experience will be truly unforgettable.
A Real Treat for your Palate
During your trip with us, you will have the pleasure of enjoying delicious and healthy Spanish cuisine paired with exquisite wines. Spanish cuisine is wonderfully diverse and has a rich tradition that likens to the distinct topography of the country. It truly makes for an incredible gastronomic trip.
The Best Restaurants
To ensure a mouth-watering and authentic experience, we will visit some of the best restaurants found in the Pyrenees, all of which source their foods from local products and ingredients such as succulent Iberian ham, local beef, lamb, and game, hand-picked seasonal vegetables, fresh-caught fish, and scrumptious desserts.
Savory Breakfasts and Homemade Dinners
All of the breakfasts and dinners you will feast upon are prepared using high-quality fresh ingredients that are locally sourced.
If you have any special dietary requirement, allergy, vegan or vegetarian, let us know. We can cater for you.
The Iberian Peninsula a privileged place for the production of very distinct tasting wines. And the Spaniards continue to uphold the tradition of moderate wine consumption in their Mediterranean diets, which is well-regarded as a healthy habit.
There will be ample time to experiment with different wines from various DOs during your holiday and decide which ones you favour the most.
The Mediterranean diet
The Mediterranean diet is much more than just eating well and healthily. It is a way of life that involves preparing traditional foods and enjoying them with friends and family in a relaxed environment.
This tour offers Vegetarian and Vegan food options on request. Simply let our Customer Support team know the food option that you prefer.
All 8-passenge minivan transfers starting with departure from Barcelona until the final transfer to Barcelona at the end of the tour.
Sightseeing and adventure activities as noted in the itinerary.
Admission cost to monuments, castles and chapels during the trip as noted in the itinerary.
What's not included
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price. You can organize your flights separately at any point;
Optional tipping to local staff, or our leaders or guides;
Personal items (tips, laundry, etc.);
All drinks are not included;
Trip cancellation insurance. We recommend that you protect your trip with a cancellation insurance.
Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
The reservation of any trip offered by Pyrenees Travels is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these general conditions by the company and the client. Pyrenees Travels will provide information about these conditions and information about the trip booked or any other particular conditions that may have been agreed before the trip. The interpretation, application or reclamation of the general and particular conditions, on behalf of the passenger and the organising agency, will be solely submitted to the Courts of Castilla and Leon, Spain, with waiver of any other jurisdiction.
- Law applicable: The provision and acceptance of our travel services is governed by the provisions of the Law 21/1995, of July 6, Combined Travel Regulator and by the Regulation of Travel Agencies from the Community of Castilla y León , Decree 25/2001 of 25 January and other provisions in force.
- Organisation: The technical organisation of the trips on offer have been made by the Travel Agency Wholesale Retail Pyrenees Travels, CICL.37-108, which belongs to Wild Pyrenees Travels SL, registration number, CIF: B37557550, located in Calle Cuesta del Carmen 21 6G 37002 Salamanca – Spain.
PRICES, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
All payments are to be made in euro currency via bank transfer or via virtual POS. In order to secure your booking you must pay a deposit of 500€/1000€ ( depending to the trips) no later than 60 days before the start of the trip. Prices stipulated are per person and do not include airfares. You have received a detailed list of the expenses included and not included in the cost of the trip, indicated in the detailed itinerary of each trip.
POLICY OF CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS OF RESERVATIONS
If the reservation allows changes, and in addition to the expenses for reservation modification applied by the provider (if any), WILD PYRENEES TRAVELS S: L. will apply the following management fees:
- Management fees for modification of hotel reservations: € 10 per reservation.
- Management fees for modification of Transfers reservations: € 20 per reservation.
- Management fees for modification of reservations Guides, If your reservation admits changes, € 20 per person will be charged.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
- No charge for cancellations made 30 days before the trip.
- 25% charge for cancellations made 30-15 days in advance.
- 50% charge for cancellations made less than 15 days in advance.
Remember that our website will always inform you in advance of the conditions of modification and / or cancellation of the reservation, whatever the product chosen.
If more than 5 rooms are booked in the same establishment, even if they are booked separately, the hotel may consider them a “group reservation” and, therefore, apply a change and cancellation policy different from the one indicated here. Find out about these conditions by contacting us by phone before booking.
However, clients can contract travel insurance with their insurance company that, in addition to travel coverage, covers management costs for cancellation and modification of trips and cancellation costs.
To make changes or cancellations, call our phone +34 659 234 083 or send an email to email@example.com
- The accommodation prices are based on two people per room. An single supplement is charged additionally to clients who specifically request an individual accommodation, subject to availability.
- The cancellation and refund policy is already stipulated by the compromises Pyrenees Travels has with the companies which are subcontracted for each trip; Hotels, Restaurants, Material, Transportation ….
- If you need to cancel your trip, the following charges will be applied, calculated from the date of receipt of the written cancellation notice, which should be sent by email, fax or by standard postal mail.
- No charge for cancellations made 30 days before the trip. 25% charge of the total amount for cancellations made between 30 and 15 days. 50% charge of the total amount for cancellations made less than 15 days in advance.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of an insurance to protect your trip.
PYRENEES TRAVELS RESPONSIBILITY
Pyrenees Travels promises to:
- To give detailed information of each trip to all travelers.
Accident and rescue insurance policy to cover you during the programme(s).Note it is NOT a medical insurance with other special types of health cover.
- We strongly recommend all travelers take out an additional insurance policy to cover them during the trip.
- Develop the trips as stipulated in the agreed terms, and in the case of any changes due to unforeseen circumstances we promise to provide the best possible solution at any time to match or improve the quality of the trip.
Accept and respect the final decisions made by the guides due to climatological reasons, a participants physical problem, lack of adequate material, etc. They are in charge and responsible for the groups safety and the activities that are done.
- Provide the necessary information for the development of the activities; Physical condition, incompatibilities, skills, likes, etc., to be able to adapt it to each activity.
- The members of the trip have the responsibility to select a trip that suits their abilities and interests. In order to help you do so, we classify each trip into levels. We also procure to clarifying aspects related to the trip with you in advance, as well as putting you in contact with previous clients so that you can get feedback about their experiences. You must be in good health, enough to be able to undertake the trips. The members of the trip need to study the itinerary and information about the trip provided by Pyrenees Travels prior to departure, and to bring appropriate clothing and equipment recommended in the information.
- Pyrenees Travels is not liable to pay for expenses that are not specified in the individual travel itineraries, such as additional nights and meals which may be required at the beginning or end of the trip, expenses due to the delay of a trip for any reason (for example, bad weather, the trail conditions, landslides, floods, illness, etc.); expenses applied by airlines for the retrieval of lost luggage, belongings left behind, or buying and / or shipping goods abroad.
- Pyrenees Travels reserves the right to take photographic and cinematographic records of all the trips, and may use such material for promotional and/or commercial purposes without payment.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY or Circumstances beyond our control
The payment of the deposit represents a binding Agreement of Responsibility, Assumption of All Risks and Arbitration Agreement by the tour members.
- Pyrenees Travels does not possess material goods for its trip including, such as its own accommodation facilities, transport companies, food service providers, equipment suppliers, local staff, guide service, etc. Pyrenees Travels is not responsible for any negligence caused or willful act by any third party whose services are contracted.
- Pyrenees Travels is not responsible for any damage, injury, death, loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity of any kind that may be caused by any act or omission beyond its control, limitation of any willful or negligent act, lack of action, breach of contract or violation of local law or regulation of any third party, such as an airline, train, hotel, bus, taxi, van, yacht or boat, whether it uses or not the Pyrenees Travels name, the insolvency of any supplier who is, or supplies goods or provides services for this trip.
- Pyrenees Travels is not responsible for any loss, injury, death or inconvenience due to delay or change in schedule, overbooking of accommodation, non-compliance by any third party due to an attack or bites by wild or domestic animals, pests or insects, epidemics or threat of illness, lack of adequate medical care and / or evacuation, if necessary, time, strikes, lost luggage, acts of terrorism or their threat, or any greater force, war, quarantine, criminal activity or any other cause beyond its control.
- Pyrenees Travels reserves the right to refuse a participant in the trip, or to withdraw, at its expense and without any refund from a trip, any person who deems unable to comply with the rigors and requirements to be able to participate in the activities, or who prevents the enjoyment of the trip by others. I agree to follow all written and verbal safety rules submitted to me by Pyrenees Travels,the travel leaders and the local land handler (or organiser).
- Pyrenees Travels reserves the right to modify the route, hotel, itinerary, leader and modify the trip as it seems necessary or desirable to improve the quality of the trip and / or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of the guests or the particular circumstances at the time.
- We strongly recommend that travelers take out their own insurance to cover their trip and acivities.