Kingdom of the Rivers, Mountains and Water 7 days
Through the rivers and the water, you will discover the soul of the Pyrenees and its beautiful places. Tailor-made activities created by our expert guides will surprise you every day. Exhilarating experiences await all those who seek adventure! From mountain climbing and canyoning to rafting, trekking, and climbing, there is never a shortage of activities to fuel your inner spirit and leave you wanting more. It is totally up to you.
Discover the best that the National and Natural Parks of the Pyrenees have to offer under the expertise of our well-qualified guides as they lead you to some of the most beautiful corners of this region of Spain. We have compiled together a vast array of unique activities and excursions which will ensure that your thirst for adventure will be endlessly quenched. Climb cloud-piercing mountains, explore ancient canyons, and feel the thrill of white-water rafting. There is something for every traveller in this magical land.
Day 1. Pick-up in Barcelona and shuttle to Casa Muria Hotel
Pick-up at Barcelona airport at 14:00h. City centre at 14:30h. Shuttle to Casa Muria Hotel, our first select hotel in the mountains. A Welcome Reception in the terrace of this charming hotel and informative meeting about the programme. Check material.
- Dinner: Acebo de Casa Muria
Day 2. Rafting Rio Esera
If there is an exciting and fun activity for anyone, this is Rafting. Navigating on inflatable rafts down the river Ésera in the Benasque Valley is something you should not miss. Beautiful landscapes in calmed stretches combined with exciting rapids, waves and even some drops! Our guides will get you to live an unforgettable adventure
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria
- Packed / Cotiella Restaurant
- Dinner: Acebo de Casa Muria
Day 3. Kayak in Congosto Montrebei.
Do you imagine paddling between vertical walls of 500 metres high separated by only 20 metres of distance? Congosto de Mont-Rebei is a tour between impressive calcareous walls and many paddlers value this route as one of the most spectacular kayaking routes in Catalonia
- Breakfast: Acebo Casa Muria
- Lunch: Picnic Packet
- Dinner: Casa Chongastan restaurant, its gastronomy is recognised nationally and iis n first place in Aragonese gastronomy ratings
Day 4. Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park
After breakfast and checking-out (we change hotel today) we head towards Mont Perdido and the Ordesa National Park. Majestic mountains, endless forests and beautiful valleys await us to make today a special day, one to remember! We enter a known path used by hunters to reach the Pelay Belt, one of the best and most physcially demanding excursions in the Pyrenees. It’s hard to find words that do justice to the views and landscapes that you will see. In the afternoon, we go to our new accommodation in Barosse Hotel, Jose and Gustavo will be waiting for us with their arms wide open to welcome us to this exclusive rural hotel, a little jewel in the Aragonese Pyrenees.
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria
- Packed / Picnic lunch
- Dinner: Barosse Hotel
Day 5. Rafting in Mallos de Riglos.
Los Mallos de Riglos is a natural monument unique set of conglomerate rock formations that rise almost 300 metres. It is also home to the greatest colony of Griffon Vultures in all of Europe. With our rafts we will sail down the river in this beautiful place.
In the evening we visit San Juan de la Peña Monastery is a medieval jewel. It was the most important monastery in Aragon in the high Middle Ages. A good number of kings of Aragon were buried in its Royal Pantheon
- Breakfast: Barosse Hotel
- Packed / Riglos restaurant
- Dinner: Barosse Hotel
Day 6.Canyoning Sierra de Guara Park.
After taking in the splendours of Posets-Maladeta Natural Park, we will carry on to Sierra de Guara National Park to explore its mesmerising canyons. You will find that this place is the European paradise for all things canyoning! It is full of jumps, slides made from rock, crystal-clear water pool, and more, all waiting for you.
- Breakfast: Barosse Hotel
- Packed / Picnic lunch.
- Dinner: Biarritz Restaurant with the Guides
Day 7. Valles occidentales Natural Park
It is very easy to cross the Pyrenees with me climbed in the Mirador, we will take a high walk through the high peaks of the Natural Park of the Western Valleys, where we will contemplate the magnificent aerial views of the Aragonese Pyrenees at more than 2000 meters high, where we will arrive with our vehicle
- Breakfast: Acebo de Casa Muria
- Packed / Canfranc Estacion
Enchanting Holiday Accommodation
It is our pleasure to introduce you to the wonderful hosts of two delightfully unique hotels: José Luis and Jennifer of “El Acebo de Casa Muria” and Gustavo and Josse of “Hotel Barosse”. Their warm Spanish hospitality and charming hotels will leave you with an unforgettable night’s stay. From the moment you step inside, every aspect of their accommodations exudes tasteful attention to detail in an atmosphere that is like a home away from home.
Their type of accommodation is referred to as an “author’s hotel” in that it is designed to create a haven of comfort from its exquisite aromas and original décor to its scrumptious breakfasts.
El Acebo de Casa Muria
El Acebo de Casa Muria is made up of 4 houses that are huddled together on a green mountain slope in the shadow of a giant centenary holly tree and a lush forest beyond that.
Within the home, José Luis and Jennifer pay homage to the world’s most iconic mountains and their respective cultures: the Toubkal Room, which is Moroccan inspired; the Posets Room with Pyrenean décor, and; the Fuji Room with a Japanese zen-inspired atmosphere. The rooms are all very pleasant, contemporary-ethnic décor done with meticulous detail and beautiful taste.
Under the benevolent gaze of Peña Oroel in the idyllic village of Barós, a mere 2 kilometres from Jaca, lies Barosse. It is a perfect choice regardless of the time of the year. The pilgrimage route to Santiago winds through these lands along the banks of the Aragón River where unique, Romanesque, historical jewels merge serenely with forests, rivers, and green meadows. Barosse Hotel (formerly called “Barós”) was built from stones rescued from the ruins of an abandoned house in Paternoy. Now, visitors can see this historic structure in the full splendour of a second youth.
A Professional Team with More than 20 Years of Experience
Our trip leaders are hired not only for their knowledge and expertise but also for their passion and friendly, outgoing personalities!
With over 20 years of experience, our trip leaders are all experts in mountaineering, canyoning and climbing, and in coordinating activities to meet the needs of diverse groups in this natural environment. Their passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors is infectious. They speak several languages and are well experienced in organising groups. Their local knowledge of the culture, traditions, and people of the valleys all ensure that your experience will be truly unforgettable.
A Real Treat for your Palate
During your trip with us, you will have the pleasure of enjoying delicious and healthy Spanish cuisine paired with exquisite wines. Spanish cuisine is wonderfully diverse and has a rich tradition that likens to the distinct topography of the country. It truly makes for an incredible gastronomic trip.
The Best Restaurants
To ensure a mouth-watering and authentic experience, we will visit some of the best restaurants found in the Pyrenees, all of which source their foods from local products and ingredients such as succulent Iberian ham, local beef, lamb, and game, hand-picked seasonal vegetables, fresh-caught fish, and scrumptious desserts.
Savory Breakfasts and Homemade Dinners
All of the breakfasts and dinners you will feast upon are prepared using high-quality fresh ingredients that are locally sourced.
If you have any special dietary requirement, allergy, vegan or vegetarian, let us know. We can cater for you.
The Iberian Peninsula a privileged place for the production of very distinct tasting wines. And the Spaniards continue to uphold the tradition of moderate wine consumption in their Mediterranean diets, which is well-regarded as a healthy habit.
There will be ample time to experiment with different wines from various DOs during your holiday and decide which ones you favour the most.
The Mediterranean diet
The Mediterranean diet is much more than just eating well and healthily. It is a way of life that involves preparing traditional foods and enjoying them with friends and family in a relaxed environment.
This tour offers Vegetarian and Vegan food options on request. Simply let our Customer Support team know the food option that you prefer.
All 8-passenge minivan transfers starting with departure from Barcelona until the final transfer to Barcelona at the end of the tour.
Sightseeing and adventure activities as noted in the itinerary.
Admission cost to monuments, castles and chapels during the trip as noted in the itinerary.
What's not included
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price. You can organize your flights separately at any point;
Optional tipping to local staff, or our leaders or guides;
Personal items (tips, laundry, etc.);
All drinks are not Includes;
Trip cancellation insurance. We recommend that you protect your trip with a cancellation insurance.
Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
The reservation of any trip offered by Pyrenees Travels is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these general conditions by the company and the client. Pyrenees Travels will provide information about these conditions and information about the trip booked or any other particular conditions that may have been agreed before the trip. The interpretation, application or reclamation of the general and particular conditions, on behalf of the passenger and the organising agency, will be solely submitted to the Courts of Castilla and Leon, Spain, with waiver of any other jurisdiction.
- Law applicable: The provision and acceptance of our travel services is governed by the provisions of the Law 21/1995, of July 6, Combined Travel Regulator and by the Regulation of Travel Agencies from the Community of Castilla y León , Decree 25/2001 of 25 January and other provisions in force.
- Organisation: The technical organisation of the trips on offer have been made by the Travel Agency Wholesale Retail Pyrenees Travels, CICL.37-108, which belongs to Wild Pyrenees Travels SL, registration number, CIF: B37557550, located in Calle Cuesta del Carmen 21 6G 37002 Salamanca – Spain.
PRICES, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
All payments are to be made in euro currency via bank transfer or via virtual POS. In order to secure your booking you must pay a deposit of 500€/1000€ ( depending to the trips) no later than 60 days before the start of the trip. Prices stipulated are per person and do not include airfares. You have received a detailed list of the expenses included and not included in the cost of the trip, indicated in the detailed itinerary of each trip.
POLICY OF CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS OF RESERVATIONS
If the reservation allows changes, and in addition to the expenses for reservation modification applied by the provider (if any), WILD PYRENEES TRAVELS S: L. will apply the following management fees:
- Management fees for modification of hotel reservations: € 10 per reservation.
- Management fees for modification of Transfers reservations: € 20 per reservation.
- Management fees for modification of reservations Guides, If your reservation admits changes, € 20 per person will be charged.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
- No charge for cancellations made 30 days before the trip.
- 25% charge for cancellations made 30-15 days in advance.
- 50% charge for cancellations made less than 15 days in advance.
Remember that our website will always inform you in advance of the conditions of modification and / or cancellation of the reservation, whatever the product chosen.
If more than 5 rooms are booked in the same establishment, even if they are booked separately, the hotel may consider them a “group reservation” and, therefore, apply a change and cancellation policy different from the one indicated here. Find out about these conditions by contacting us by phone before booking.
However, clients can contract travel insurance with their insurance company that, in addition to travel coverage, covers management costs for cancellation and modification of trips and cancellation costs.
To make changes or cancellations, call our phone +34 659 234 083 or send an email to email@example.com
- The accommodation prices are based on two people per room. An single supplement is charged additionally to clients who specifically request an individual accommodation, subject to availability.
- The cancellation and refund policy is already stipulated by the compromises Pyrenees Travels has with the companies which are subcontracted for each trip; Hotels, Restaurants, Material, Transportation ….
- If you need to cancel your trip, the following charges will be applied, calculated from the date of receipt of the written cancellation notice, which should be sent by email, fax or by standard postal mail.
- No charge for cancellations made 30 days before the trip. 25% charge of the total amount for cancellations made between 30 and 15 days. 50% charge of the total amount for cancellations made less than 15 days in advance.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of an insurance to protect your trip.
PYRENEES TRAVELS RESPONSIBILITY
Pyrenees Travels promises to:
- To give detailed information of each trip to all travelers.
Accident and rescue insurance policy to cover you during the programme(s).Note it is NOT a medical insurance with other special types of health cover.
- We strongly recommend all travelers take out an additional insurance policy to cover them during the trip.
- Develop the trips as stipulated in the agreed terms, and in the case of any changes due to unforeseen circumstances we promise to provide the best possible solution at any time to match or improve the quality of the trip.
Accept and respect the final decisions made by the guides due to climatological reasons, a participants physical problem, lack of adequate material, etc. They are in charge and responsible for the groups safety and the activities that are done.
- Provide the necessary information for the development of the activities; Physical condition, incompatibilities, skills, likes, etc., to be able to adapt it to each activity.
- The members of the trip have the responsibility to select a trip that suits their abilities and interests. In order to help you do so, we classify each trip into levels. We also procure to clarifying aspects related to the trip with you in advance, as well as putting you in contact with previous clients so that you can get feedback about their experiences. You must be in good health, enough to be able to undertake the trips. The members of the trip need to study the itinerary and information about the trip provided by Pyrenees Travels prior to departure, and to bring appropriate clothing and equipment recommended in the information.
- Pyrenees Travels is not liable to pay for expenses that are not specified in the individual travel itineraries, such as additional nights and meals which may be required at the beginning or end of the trip, expenses due to the delay of a trip for any reason (for example, bad weather, the trail conditions, landslides, floods, illness, etc.); expenses applied by airlines for the retrieval of lost luggage, belongings left behind, or buying and / or shipping goods abroad.
- Pyrenees Travels reserves the right to take photographic and cinematographic records of all the trips, and may use such material for promotional and/or commercial purposes without payment.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY or Circumstances beyond our control
The payment of the deposit represents a binding Agreement of Responsibility, Assumption of All Risks and Arbitration Agreement by the tour members.
- Pyrenees Travels does not possess material goods for its trip including, such as its own accommodation facilities, transport companies, food service providers, equipment suppliers, local staff, guide service, etc. Pyrenees Travels is not responsible for any negligence caused or willful act by any third party whose services are contracted.
- Pyrenees Travels is not responsible for any damage, injury, death, loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity of any kind that may be caused by any act or omission beyond its control, limitation of any willful or negligent act, lack of action, breach of contract or violation of local law or regulation of any third party, such as an airline, train, hotel, bus, taxi, van, yacht or boat, whether it uses or not the Pyrenees Travels name, the insolvency of any supplier who is, or supplies goods or provides services for this trip.
- Pyrenees Travels is not responsible for any loss, injury, death or inconvenience due to delay or change in schedule, overbooking of accommodation, non-compliance by any third party due to an attack or bites by wild or domestic animals, pests or insects, epidemics or threat of illness, lack of adequate medical care and / or evacuation, if necessary, time, strikes, lost luggage, acts of terrorism or their threat, or any greater force, war, quarantine, criminal activity or any other cause beyond its control.
- Pyrenees Travels reserves the right to refuse a participant in the trip, or to withdraw, at its expense and without any refund from a trip, any person who deems unable to comply with the rigors and requirements to be able to participate in the activities, or who prevents the enjoyment of the trip by others. I agree to follow all written and verbal safety rules submitted to me by Pyrenees Travels,the travel leaders and the local land handler (or organiser).
- Pyrenees Travels reserves the right to modify the route, hotel, itinerary, leader and modify the trip as it seems necessary or desirable to improve the quality of the trip and / or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of the guests or the particular circumstances at the time.
- We strongly recommend that travelers take out their own insurance to cover their trip and acivities.
There are no reviews yet.